Patrons of the WWE Survivor event may see extra security precautions at Philip’s Arena in Atlanta Sunday after the website Anonymous said ISIS made threats on the event. e
The FBI released the following statement to several news outlets:
“The FBI is aware of reports of an alleged threat that includes an Atlanta, Georgia venue and event. While we take all threats seriously, we do not have specific or credible information of an attack at this time. We have, however, made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners to keep our community safe.”
Anonymous is a hacker group, and according to the International Business Times said on Saturday:
“Anonymous also said the Islamic State group is planning an assault at the WWE Survivor Series event scheduled to take place in the Philips Arena in Atlanta Sunday at 7.30 p.m. EST, as well as attacks at multiple events in Paris.”
Shortly after, the Atlanta Hawks, WWE, and Philips Arena released a statement:
“Federal, state and local law enforcement authorities have confirmed there is no specific or credible information involving a threat against tomorrow’s WWE Survivor Series at Philips Arena. However, WWE and Philips Arena have coordinated with the appropriate agencies and law enforcement, and significantly increased security measures to ensure the safety of all those in attendance, which is our highest priority.
Doors will open at 6 p.m. to help fans avoid any delays in entering the arena due to the additional precautionary security procedures put in place. Fans are encouraged to take public transportation (MARTA) to the event and are advised that bags will not be permitted in the arena.”
So far, all events are on schedule and will go uninterrupted.
Photo by Priscilla Velez